Southern California haunt fans do we have some great news for you! Thanks to a GENIEEffect, CreepyLA and Theme Park Adventure, the first-ever Southern California Halloween convention comes to downtown Los Angeles on August 10 and 11, 2013. The great Los Angeles Area (plus Orange County) has been the home throughout the years of such iconic haunts as Knott’s Scary Farm, Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights and of course who could forgot San Fernando Valley’s own (where we’re based) Spooky House. Now ScareLA will allow fans to celebrate two full days of industry panels, presentations, hands-on workshops as well as a exhibitor show floor. Also, there will be both sneak-previews and behind the scenes looks at some of 2013’s most eagerly awaited Halloween haunts and events.
Confirmed already are:
- Jason Blum: horror film producer of such hits as Insidious, Sinister and Paranormal Activity
- John Braver: founder and director of the interactive theatre Haunted Play Presents: Delusion
- Melissa Carbone: producer Los Angeles Haunted Hayride and The Great Horror Campout
- John Murdy: creative director of Universal Studios Hollywood Horror Nights
- Brooke Walters: designer of of many of Knott’s Halloween Haunt’s mazes
- Creative staff and personnel from top local haunt attractions such as Blackout Haunted House, Blumhouse of Horrors, Chambers of the Mausoleum, Reign of Terror and Sinister Pointed
- Creators from well-known home haunts throughout the region such as Boney Island, Boot Hill, The House at Haunted Hill plus many more
This is and a lot more including job opportunities, performances by local horror themed theater companies and musicians, makeup demonstrations, an onsite mobile haunt park and lights on tours of local scary attractions, Museum-styled educational gallery of Halloween themed art and history, games, pumpkin carving and a scary costume parade!
“ScareLA will shine the spotlight on everything that makes Los Angeles the ultimate Halloween destination in America,” shares David Markland, co-producer of the event with Lora Ivanova (Haunted Play). Ivanova aadds, “Our city is brimming with talent and scary history just waiting to be discovered. Are you curious about hidden urban haunts? Want to get a head start on your Halloween costume? Interested in creating your own attraction or going pro? We have you covered.”
At ScareLA attendees of all ages and skill level will have an opportunity to learn from the nation’s best pro haunters and artists with a full lineup of workshops, demonstrations and classes. From make-up art, costuming, home haunt logistics and tips to pumpkin carving, fans and pros of all ages will get the chance to roll up their sleeves and play. Interactive exhibits, exclusive meet-and-greet opportunities and show floor full of original Halloween merchandise round out the event’s ever growing schedule of activities.
For more information, exhibitor inquiries and to be among the first to learn when tickets go on sale, visit www.scarela.com. Share, inspire, play – ScareLA.
Founded in 2013, ScareLA is Southern California’s first Halloween Convention. The event features the diverse and rich local theme park and haunt entertainment industry and solidifies Los Angeles as the ultimate destination for the Halloween season. The event is produced in partnership by CreeypLA, GENIEEffect and Theme Park Adventure, with national-level support from some of the best makers, Halloween artists, haunt pros, haunted attraction owners and operators. For more information, visit www.scarela.com or visit them on Facebook