Stephen King’s new book ‘Doctor Sleep’ has fans and collectors alike both excited. The Special Edition book contains all kinds of cool things such as artwork, paintings and illustrations. ‘The Shining’ has put the Stanley Hotel, the real hotel in Estes Park, Colorado where the story took place on the paranormal map. Now this book has more haunting chills to send down ones spine.
“Cemetery Dance Publications is very pleased to announce our Deluxe Special Limited Edition of Stephen King’s new novel, Doctor Sleep.
Stephen King returns to the characters and territory of one of his most popular novels ever,The Shining, in this instantly riveting novel about the now middle-aged Dan Torrance and the very special twelve-year-old girl he must save from a tribe of murderous paranormals.
On highways across America, a tribe of people called The True Knot travel in search of sustenance. They look harmless—mostly old, lots of polyester, and married to their RVs. But as Dan Torrance knows, and tween Abra Stone learns, The True Knot are quasi-immortal, living off the “steam” that children with the shining produce when they are slowly tortured to death.
Haunted by the inhabitants of the Overlook Hotel where he spent one horrific childhood year, Dan has been drifting for decades, desperate to shed his father’s legacy of despair, alcoholism, and violence. Finally, he settles in a New Hampshire town, an AA community that sustains him, and a job at a nursing home where his remnant “shining” power provides the crucial final comfort to the dying. Aided by a prescient cat, he becomes “Doctor Sleep.”
Then Dan meets the evanescent Abra Stone, and it is her spectacular gift, the brightest shining ever seen, that reignites Dan’s own demons and summons him to a battle for Abra’s soul and survival. This is an epic war between good and evil, a gory, glorious story that will thrill the millions of hyper-devoted readers of The Shining and wildly satisfy anyone new to the territory of this icon in the King canon.
The exclusive Cemetery Dance Special Limited Edition of Doctor Sleep by Stephen King will be published in three states, all of them printed in two colors and bound in fine materials.”
Special Features Exclusive to this Collector’s Edition:
- deluxe oversized design (7 inches X 10 inches) featuring two-color interior printing
- full color cover artwork by Vincent Chong
- six color paintings by Vincent Chong printed on a high-quality glossy stock and tipped into the book
- twenty black & white full page illustrations and six black & white spot illustrations by Erin S. Wells
- high-quality embossed endpapers and fine bindings for all three editions
- full-color signature sheets in the signed editions
- extremely collectible print run that is a tiny fraction of the print run of the trade hardcover edition from Scribner — and you will NOT find our edition in chain bookstores!